1. You must be aged 16 or above on 1st January 2022.
2. You must be a resident of the UK (incl. Isle of Man and Channel Islands).
3. You must be able to commit to all the filming days which are currently expected to be approximately 20 days over a 6-8 week period between August and November 2022. Dates will be confirmed to you should your application be successful. Please note, in order to minimise risks in relation to Covid-19, certain health and safety protocols, including for example testing, health checks and social distancing, may need to be put in place. We will be able to confirm details nearer to the time.
4. All information supplied by you as part of the application for the Programme (including in relation to any criminal charges, convictions or proceedings) must be true and accurate.
5. You must not work (nor have recently worked) for nor have any business or financial connection with Love Productions or the BBC or an affiliate of either.
6. You are not a close relative (for example, mother, father, son, daughter, brother, sister), nor a close friend of anyone who is an employee or contractor of Love Productions or the BBC, or anyone working on, appearing in or connected with the Programme.
7. The production team’s decisions regarding the application and audition process, the interpretation of these Rules of Entry and the selection of contestants for the Programme are entirely at their discretion, final and non-contestable.
8. You must not have completed any sewing NVQ or other equivalent sewing-related qualification unless acquired 5 or more years ago.
9. You cannot have worked full-time as a dressmaker, sample machinist, pattern cutter, tailor or seamstress at any time during the last 15 years.
10. You must be an amateur sewer, meaning that your main source of income must not derive from your sewing and you do not sew in a professional environment.
11. At any stage of the application process, you agree to authorise Love Productions to conduct background checks in order to verify any of the information you have supplied and you agree to provide Love Productions with any assistance or further information necessary to do this. If we have reasonable grounds to suspect that any information you provide is untrue or inaccurate, we have the right to suspend, terminate or delete your application. You also agree that we may carry out health checks (including for example tests for Covid-19) as necessary, to ensure that you are fit to take part in the Programme, as well as any live audition or interview during the application process.
12. You warrant that any material submitted by you as part of your application, in whatever form, including without limitation any written material, drawings, patterns and/or photographs (“Material”)
13. Your participation in and compliance with the application process does not in any way constitute an agreement with or an undertaking by Love Productions for you to appear in the Programme. Love Productions has no obligation to produce the Programme and even if the Programme is produced there will be no obligation on Love or the BBC or any other party to broadcast or transmit or otherwise exploit, promote, publicise or advertise the Programme or to include you in the Programme.
14. You must at all times keep all information about the application and audition process for the Programme strictly confidential and must not give anyone any information or material or make any public statement at any time by any means (including without limitation on blogs or social networking platforms such as Twitter, Instagram or Facebook etc.) about the application or production process and/or the Programme or any other person involved in such processes. This duty of confidentiality applies and continues whether or not you are selected to take part in the Programme or remain actively involved in the Programme. You are not permitted to respond to any approach from the press or anyone else enquiring about the application process and/or anything about the Programme and will refer any such enquiries immediately to Love Productions.
15. Love Productions can only accept application forms either online via www.applyforsewingbee.co.uk (the “Application Website”) or by post. Love Productions will not accept applications sent via email.
16. The deadline for all applications is 8pm on 25th May 2022 (the “Deadline”). If you have not heard from a member of the team by phone or email by 1st July 2022, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful this time.
17. You can at any time request that your application be withdrawn/deleted by: (a) writing to us at Take Part Applications, 15 Macklin St, London WC2B 5NG; or (b) sending an email (provided, in the case of an online application, such email is sent by you from the email account with which you made your registration), with subject heading ‘Delete my Application’ to email@example.com giving your full name as it appears on your application. Please note that if your application is withdrawn/ deleted prior to the Deadline, you will not be considered as a potential participant in the Programme unless you make a further application prior to the Deadline, nor will you be able to use the Application Website unless you register again.
18. You must only set up one log in to the Application Website and can only apply once to each series of the Programme. If Love Productions believes that any applicant has more than one log in or that an applicant has submitted more than one application (per series of the Programme), Love Productions may decide not to consider that applicant to take part in the Programme.
19. If you are assisting or making an application on behalf of someone else, you must have their permission before submitting the application and consents contained within the application must be given by the applicant themselves.
22. If you are selected for an audition, you may be asked to sign an Audition Release Form governing the terms of your participation in any audition for the Programme. If you are chosen to participate in the Programme, you will be asked to sign a Participant Release Form, which shall govern the terms of your participation in the Programme.
23. Love Productions reserves the right to make changes to these Rules of Entry and/or the Deadline at any time.